"Convergence and Divergence of Investment and International Commercial Arbitration"
International Arbitration Seminar
19th-20th of November 2014 - Dominican Republic
The International Arbitration Seminar on "Convergence and Divergence of Investment and International Commercial Arbitration" is the biggest regional event in its field. FINJUS and NYU are proud to be able to organize an event of this caliber in a country like the Dominican Republic, in which there are still many legislative challenges regarding the field of national and international arbitration.
Organizers: Fundación Institucionalidad y Justicia, INC. (FINJUS) and Center for Transnational Litigation, Arbitration and Commercial Law at New York University School of Law.
- Franco Ferrari, Director of the Center for Transnational Litigation, Arbitration and Commercial Law - New York University: "New York Convention and Investment Arbitration: focusing on the issue of arbitral awards as investment".
- Pedro J. Martínez-Fraga, co-leader of Bryan Cave LLP International Arbitration Team: “The Use of Section 1782 in Aid of International Arbitration”
- Ryan Reetz, Managing partner of Bryan Cave LLP’s Miami Office: "Enforcing Commercial and Investment Arbitration Awards"
- Andrea Carlevaris, Secretary General of the ICC International Court of Arbitration: “Procedural aspects of jurisdictional decisions in investment and commercial arbitration”
- Domenico Di Pietro, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP - International Arbitration Group: "Standards of review of arbitral awards in commercial and investment arbitration"
- Inka Hanefeld, Hanefeld- Rechtsanwälte: "The Value of the IBA Guidelines on Taking of Evidence"
- Friedrich Rosenfeld, Hanefeld- Rechtsanwälte: “Violating the New York Convention as Grounds for Claims under BITs”
- José Carlos Fernández Rozas, Director of the Public and Private International Law Department of the Complutense University of Madrid: “Internationalism and Mercatorismo in Investement Arbitration”
- Stefan Kröll, Managing Partner at Rechtsanwalt-Kröll / Bucerius Law School: “Standards for challenges of arbitrators”
- Carlos Concepción, Managing Partner of Concepción, Martinez & Puente Attorneys at Law: “Forum Non Conveniens: recent development and issues”
- Emma Lindsay, Bryan Cave LLP: “Consent to Arbitrate”
- Brian King, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP: "Commercial and Investment Arbitration: Towards a Unified Theory?"
- Leidylin Contreras, Legal Consultancy of the Executive Branch: "Inconsistency in Investment Arbitration. Interpretative Authority in Investment Agreements. Appellate Bodies or Similiar Mechanisms and other proposals”
Venue: JW Marriott Santo Domingo +1-809-955-3081 Winston Churchill Avenue No. 93, Ensanche Piantini Santo Domingo 10501 Dominican Republic
Costs, Reservations, Contact and more Information [here]